Easy CoinUp and ROMS

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

dfmassi
Community Member
Community Member

Easy CoinUp and ROMS

Post by dfmassi » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:33 pm

So I bought the Easy CoinUp and love how clean this solution is. The "tail" is painted satin black and perfectly matches my coin door. The last time I had people over, many were confused with the whole 'press Player One Start and Button 1' for a credit. Easy CoinUp looks great and works great - but only on about 2/3rds of my ROMS. For the remaining 1/3 it does not work. I looked at the MAME menus (Joystick Right and start) with working and non-working ROMS and didn't notice a difference in settings.

I love a challenge and have found most of my answers to questions (spinners, samples, etc.) on this forum; however I am pressed for time as I am having a Super Bowl Party.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Easy CoinUp and ROMS

Post by dee2eR » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:56 am

What JAMMA input is the Easy CoinUp wired to? If it's coin1 the issue is probably settings for one (or some) versions of MAME, coin 1 should be coin 1 for all games by default.

If it's any other input it's also worth checking the MAME inputs match your physical setup. Also if it's not in the coin1 input it would probably make more sense if it was.

dfmassi
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Easy CoinUp and ROMS

Post by dfmassi » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:54 pm

Yes - it was wired to coin 1. I traced the wires, tested the terminals, etc. and still couldn't figure it out so I downloaded a fresh boot and moved over my ROMs and now all is well.

When all else fails, start over from scratch :)

Thanks for the prompt response.

Easy CoinUp is a great looking/working solution.