Possible simple Attract mode menu fix?

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

urbangangsta101
Community Member
Community Member

Possible simple Attract mode menu fix?

Post by urbangangsta101 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:58 pm

Hi,
I was just wondering if there is a way to force Attract Mode to forget the last game that was played and always start up at the beginning of the games list? I'm not sure why this bugs me but it does :lol:

On v3.7, all i had to do was go to the first game on the menu ('1944 - The Loop Master' in my case) launch it then exit and then do a shutdown via the Service Menu. After that it would always start up and show '1944 - The Loop Master' first regardless of how many times i shut it down by just killing the power.

On v3.8 and up, no matter what i do it always starts up with the menu on the last game played.

Anyone know the setting to change this?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Possible simple Attract mode menu fix?

Post by dee2eR » Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:30 am

If you go into Attract-Modes general settings (press 'test' or 'tab' from game selection), select general, then I think the setting you want is called 'startup mode' but it only has a couple of options, I don't think it can behave like the older version of Attract-Mode for whatever reason.