Kanomi 4 player - player 3/4 start button and menu issues

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Kanomi 4 player - player 3/4 start button and menu issues

Post by RichardTMNT » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:16 am

dee2eR wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 3:01 am
If you trace players 3 and 4 credit button wiring back to the PCB what input are they connected to? If they're wired to the service credits rather than the regular coin credit input it could explain the symptoms you have there.
Hmmm, looking at the jamma harness. I just see “coin 1” and “start 1” On the harness, hard for me to trace. Looks like the player 3 and 4 coin buttons have one wire each (from the coin button) going to the harness that connect the player 3 and 4 joystick/action buttons to the arpicade.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:14 am

That is all good so far. They should be wired to either the coin or service credit inputs.

It should have occurred to me earlier but try going into MAMEs menus while a game that the coin3 and 4 are not working in is running. To open the menus press p1 start + joy 1 right (or keyboard 'tab'). Go to the controls for just the current game section and try setting player 3 coin to your p3 coin button. Assuming everything is actually working but not set up quite right for your rig doing this should work. If the coin button doesn't work while you're trying to set it it may be something else going wrong.

If the above worked for P3 coin you can set it and the p4 coin for all games and hopefully that sees it all working.

If you have a USB keyboard in you can also check the inputs on the command line (after exiting all the menus with f4) using
jstest /dev/input/js2
and js3 for player 4.

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:50 pm

dee2eR wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:14 am
That is all good so far. They should be wired to either the coin or service credit inputs.

It should have occurred to me earlier but try going into MAMEs menus while a game that the coin3 and 4 are not working in is running. To open the menus press p1 start + joy 1 right (or keyboard 'tab'). Go to the controls for just the current game section and try setting player 3 coin to your p3 coin button. Assuming everything is actually working but not set up quite right for your rig doing this should work. If the coin button doesn't work while you're trying to set it it may be something else going wrong.

If the above worked for P3 coin you can set it and the p4 coin for all games and hopefully that sees it all working.

If you have a USB keyboard in you can also check the inputs on the command line (after exiting all the menus with f4) using
jstest /dev/input/js2
and js3 for player 4.
I got to some good menus last night with the help of kick man - I will be burning a copy of the image tonight. I have a new man book pro. Hopefully that goes well!

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Still can’t get this thing to work.

My player 1 and 2 work great. I can coin up and play. But I can’t exit out to the menu by holding down the jump button (or any other button). If I plug in a USB keyboard the ESC button allows me to go to the menu.

Also, still not sure why my player 3/4 coin buttons don’t work. I plugged in the original PCB again to check and they work perfect there.

I’m super frustrated as I thought this was a expensive plug and play option and bit the bullet to buy it after spending to much money on trying to fix the sound issues on the original PCB. Still left with a bunch of non working stuff in the end.

I hope to resolve this some how.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:02 am

Did you try setting the coin input in the MAME menu as I suggested? If so was there any response to the input at all?

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:19 am

Wow! Finally got it.

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:38 am

Got coin 3/4 to work!

Still need to get my button to exit to the main menu to work.

Kickman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Kickman » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:27 am

Can you write out what his hot keys should be so he can copy and paste his exit command is C but he is only 2 buttons in his cabinet

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:06 am

Kickman wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:27 am
Can you write out what his hot keys should be so he can copy and paste his exit command is C but he is only 2 buttons in his cabinet
That would be great! We have tried a few things. No luck yet.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:45 am

Try this copy of hotkeys.ini https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AEc_q2 ... sp=sharing

it will use 1 of the 2 player 1 action buttons to exit, it will need a very long hold, maybe 5 or 6 seconds to try and lessen the likelyhood of accidentally exiting while playing.

What got the coins working in the end?