New, Experienced User Looking To Run Jamma and Pi4

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Sloopypants
Community Member
Community Member

New, Experienced User Looking To Run Jamma and Pi4

Post by Sloopypants » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:49 am

Hi, not sure if this is where my inquiry belongs, but I’m motivated to get any installation to be stable with my Raspberry Pi 4 4gig and Raspberry Jamma v3 connector to work with my arcade machine. I’m pretty close with the help of this forum, the developers, and my knowledge. I also know that the development isn’t quite there yet for this rig.

Does anyone know of an immediate solution for this rig? I’m ok with RetroPie or any other imaging until ArPiCade is past beta with 4. Just wanna have fun now! Thanks.

I’ve gotten mk_arcade_joystick installed through RetroPie. It didn’t respond the way that it did with a Pandora 9 Jamma, missing button response. Maybe someone has encountered this? Best! PK

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: New, Experienced User Looking To Run Jamma and Pi4

Post by dee2eR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:55 am

Sorry haven't tried Retropie on Pi4 yet. I've been meaning to have a look but haven't got around to it beyond downloading the image.

New version of ARpiCADE for Pi4 will be coming soon, hard to find time to work on it at the moment. Thankfully Attract-Mode is working without X11 now, ARpiCADE 4.1 will feel more ARpiCADEy, if that is a real word... I'll still be recommending Pi3B+ over Pi4 (for now) as the more complete experience - Pi4 software still has it's quirks.

Sloopypants
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sloopypants » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:10 pm

Hey! Great, thanks

I’m still not clear on how to access the gpio settings with Jamma v3 via terminal to reprogram, but that’s the research I have to do on my own. I might have to wire new lines with a 6pin harness for 2x 6button. Again, another project and some proper planning. Because the current jamma interface (female) has 2x joystick/6button/start/coin all working on Pandora 9.

Definitely looking forward to your newest rendition and will def donate for your efforts. Is that on the Arpicade download page?

I tried out Arpicade 4.0 and had issues with video output. HDMI worked but looked archaic, VGA wouldn’t initially thru Jamma v3, but I didn’t try too hard. Joysticks worked on install! Great work.

Thanks again. PK

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:13 pm

You should be able to use 6 on JAMMA like you did with the Pandora. Set the RaspberryJAMMA dipswitch 3&4 ON and 1&2 OFF for 6 on JAMMA mode.

Sloopypants
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Sloopypants » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Hey, thanks very much
I’ll get back to trying to get that working with any build for now.

Last thing, is there an official standalone driver for Jamma V3 on RPI4?

Best, PK