Press tab - distorted image/sound menu list

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Press tab - distorted image/sound menu list

Post by RichardTMNT » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:31 am

Hello!
Many games when I press tab to alter free play etc (ex: street fighter 2 hyper fighter mame172 ) I get a distorted sound and image. I can not read the menu list it is all blurry.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Richard

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Press tab - distorted image/sound menu list

Post by gt7766c » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:29 am

It’s a known issue, nothing is wrong with your setup and no current way to fix. For me, I find that sometimes moving out of the game and back in changes the text color but in general I sort of work my way through it as best I can.
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac-Man, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE  X  2
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission

RichardTMNT
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by RichardTMNT » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:07 pm

That’s good to know!
I will not worry about that then.

What about the different volumes of the games? Some seem much louder than others?

gt7766c
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by gt7766c » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:15 pm

Happens to me too and probably everyone else. The actual arcade games themselves had multiple volume controls. A game may have a volume in its settings to modify and then the actual volume knob on the arcade cab. Mame has an additional volume control. Press the “~”, the one in the upper left of most keyboards, in MAME and you’ll get a master volume control you can adjust. I did this just this morning on a game that is just louder than all others.

X-men for me is really quiet. I’m running it in AdvanceMame (mame-106) and I need to mess around with it.

All these games had their own original settings for the real arcades so having them all running through different emulators through Rasberry jamma with its own volume control and different speaker setups than the original cab make them all over the place.
Kris

Vids:  Ms. Pac-Man, Star Wars, NBA Jam TE, Golden Tee Complete, ARpiCADE  X  2
Pins:  Space Shuttle, Space Mission