Dragons Lair enhanced version

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Dragons Lair enhanced version

Post by cool_factor » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:04 am

Running 3.x.1. Downloaded both dle11 files and the dle21 file from official source and trying to get any to work. Shortened dle11p file name to just dle11.zip edited as usual and get game to show up in attract but never launch, what exactly needs to be done to add these special versions?

Side note, on regular version of DL how do you disable scoreboard?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Dragons Lair enhanced version

Post by dee2eR » Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:39 am

Are you getting a readme11.txt error saying it's altered? I am for 1.1 at my end... didn't alter anything though... I have had it working before... not sure whats up there but from my end it sounds like it needs a diff text file in the zip. I just used old copies from my HDD, same as I would have used before...

DLE2.1 works but isn't in the aml file so isn't picked up by the rom scanner, for me 2.1 drops the annoucer audio for some reason.... but here's a new aml file to add 2.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GLlDAr ... sp=sharing just stick it in /boot/launchers/aml/ and overwrite the old one.

Space Ace Enhanced works fine as far as I can tell.

EDIT: I was using the L version of 1.1 the P version would complain it didn't have the L files as well as the same textfile error. Both were renamed to dle11.zip and tryed seperately.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:18 am

I deleted the log file before I read it but it was some type of error. I renamed file as well. Hopefully an easy fix, not a fan of 2.1 (which I haven't tried on Arpicade only pc)

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 am

I just read the error on screen. Didn't actually check the logs.

In case you're missing something simple... You have the framefiles for the regular game there too, right? They're needed. You need to not rename the framefiles, keep them as normal.

You only rename the zipfile for the enhanced versions, check /boot/launchers/aml/daphne.aml for the right names for the zipfiles (it's late and I can't remember offhand).

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:41 pm

tested today. dle11 and sae both work. I used the "L" version for dle roms, renamed file to dle11.zip and basically made dupes of lair and ace but named accordingly (added frame files) and they both worked!

Bob's arpicade
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Bob's arpicade » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:50 am

I keep getting readme11 mising are altered any help please
thanks

Bob's arpicade
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Bob's arpicade » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:55 am

the original Dragons lair works fine and I have DLE_11_L.zip just can't get the enhanced version to work

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:41 pm

Bob's arpicade wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:55 am
the original Dragons lair works fine and I have DLE_11_L.zip just can't get the enhanced version to work
In the ROMS folder rename your zip to just dle11

In the FRAME FILES folder create a new folder named dle11 (not zipped) and COPY all files from the lair folder and put them in the dle11 folder

then edit your roms list in \home\pi\.attract\romlists\allGames

copy the entry for dragons lair but point it to "dle11" instead of "lair" and change name from Dragons Lair to Dragons Lair Enhanced so you can tell which one is launching.

Make sure to edit \previews\marquee\daphne just copy and rename lair to dle11 so you will have a lair and a dle11 in that folder

Remember do any editing of text files with Notepad++

Bob's arpicade
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Bob's arpicade » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:15 pm

thank you cool_factor where is the \home\pi\.attract\romlists\allGames file ?
I am rumming -ARpiCADE-3.9 this the entry in the launchers daphne.aml file
thanks you very much

cobram3;Cobra Command;daphne;;1984;Data East;Laserdisc;2;0;stick;;1;raster;;;;2
lair;Dragon's Lair;daphne;;1983;Cinematronics;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;1
lairalt;Dragon's Lair;daphne;;1983;Cinematronics;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;1
laireuro;Dragon's Lair;daphne;;1983;Cinematronics;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;1
dle11;Dragon's Lair - Enhanced;daphne;;1983;Cinematronics;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;1
dle20;Dragon's Lair - Enhanced;daphne;;1983;Cinematronics;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;1
lair2;Dragon's Lair II: Time Warp;daphne;;1991;Leland;Laserdisc;2;0;joy4way;;1;raster;;;;1
dl;Dragon's Lair II;daphne;;1991;Leland;Laserdisc;2;0;joy4way;;1;raster;;;;1
esh;Esh's Aurunmilla;daphne;;1984;Funai;Laserdisc;2;0;joy8way;;1;raster;;;;2

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:46 am

It's in the Arpicade side of the sd card.

Use this software, no need to buy it. It still works after the trial version s up.

https://www.paragon-software.com/us/hom ... s-windows/