Booting to command prompt

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Simplify
Community Member
Community Member

Booting to command prompt

Post by Simplify » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Hello!

I've been running this machine for the past 4 months with no issues. Last night it booted to this and now it happens every time. I basically get the "LOADING" splash screen and it fails to what you see in the picture. Has anyone seen this before?
arpicade.jpg
arpicade.jpg (118.72 KiB) Viewed 1863 times
Thanks for any information!

-Shaun

Simplify
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Booting to command prompt

Post by Simplify » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:17 pm

OK, just found this other post. I'll try flashing the SD card again. Not sure why it would go south on me all the sudden.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’m new to arcades and modding them. Just got a blast city cab with jamma, and purchased the arpicade with preloaded games on sd cards. Hooked it up and having issues booting. So I first get the arpicade logo pop up, then Now loading screen appears. The issue comes after that, it looks like a Linux screen appears with “ raspberrypi:~$”. Not sure if it needs commands to be imputed by me? I’m not familiar with Linux just lost trying to start it up.

dee2eR
Inventor

That isn't the way it is supposed to work, you should only see the Linux command line if you exit the menus.
I would contact your point of sale about reflashing the SD card for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------