Vertical ArPICade...absolutely...Not?

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

NeoSurfer
Community Member
Community Member

Vertical ArPICade...absolutely...Not?

Post by NeoSurfer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:49 am

So ArPiCaders...Love my Horizontal ArPICade so I’ve decided to set up a vertical ArPICade system.
Currently, I am running the 780 vertical image, yet I cannot get the AdvMame images to run vertically? Donkey Kong Jr, Frogger and 90% of the Advance Mame games are running horizontally. My screen is turned vertically in the cabinet...so I need that vertical image!
Menus no problem run vertically. Mame 203 no problem can switch in menu. Yet Editing the individual game rotation in Advance Mame to , 0, 90, 180, 270 does noting!!!!. What am I doing wrong??? Do I edit the Emulators some how? Looking for the easy fix...without crunching and writing Pi CODEs. :? Thanks.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Vertical ArPICade...absolutely...Not?

Post by dee2eR » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 am

No Idea what is going wrong there. Once the system is set to vertical it should run in vertical...

Are you on the latest release? If not do you happen to know what version it is?

I can't offer a fix as I'm not sure what is going wrong... if you're editing the advmame.rc files directly they may be being over ridden by the settings in the advmame launcher... but you shouldn't have to do anything other than select vertical in the service menu and the whole system should reset setup in vertical.

If you haven't tried it yet selecting vertical mode (or on older releases, one of the vertical modes) from the service menu (service or f4 from the main game select menu) may fix it up (as long as you haven't changed to many files).

The good news is the system 100% can work fine in vertical so we just need to figure out the issue.