Joystick Config Change Bug

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

gilschwartzman
Observer
Observer

Joystick Config Change Bug

Post by gilschwartzman » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:57 am

I'm running into what seems to be a weird bug on 3.8.2. It may already be on here but it's one that's rather difficult to search, so my apologies if it's already on here.

Long story short I was trying to fix the SaveState for NES games and found the mentions of the savestate file being saved in a read only directory. I changed it to save in the /home/pi/ directory and things started working eventually (I think I had to back out and go back into NES). The odd thing is that when I save, it remaps "Player 1 Down" to "Player 1 Up". After I save, and I go into the input config of Nestopia, both P1 Up and P1 Down are mapped to UP. I'm still trying to track down how this can be, but wanted to put this on here in case someone has run into it as well. I will continue to dig in the meantime.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Joystick Config Change Bug

Post by dee2eR » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:28 am

That is an odd one. Not sure why or even how that's happening.

I'd recommend trying ARpiCADE 3.X as 3.82 is almost 3 years old at this point. With some luck updating will fix the other issues.