ARpiCADE without RaspberryJAMMA

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

mtcawirtz
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

ARpiCADE without RaspberryJAMMA

Post by mtcawirtz » Wed May 05, 2021 9:04 pm

Been a while! I am wondering if ARpiCADE will run just on a Pi without using the JAMMA harness. I am purchasing an X-Arcade Tank Stick and putting it in a different cabinet which won't utilize the JAMMA equipment. Let me know! Thanks!!!

Also, I am still running 3.8............should I update?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: ARpiCADE without RaspberryJAMMA

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 06, 2021 2:09 am

It will but you will need to set it up for your hardware. It is made for RaspberryJAMMA first and foremost but there's nothing to stop you using it on other hardware. That said, results may vary with other hardware...

Definitely update, especially if you are using a low res monitor.

EDIT: I have very little interest in supporting use of the software I make for the hardware I make, with other hardware I don't make. RaspberryJAMMA sales very literally pay for ARpiCADE development...

mtcawirtz
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mtcawirtz » Thu May 06, 2021 2:28 am

I completely understand and have purchased Raspberry Jamma. It was just a question as to my evolving situation with losing the huge arcade cabinet I had.

mtcawirtz
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mtcawirtz » Thu May 06, 2021 2:32 am

Also it is not hardware you didn’t make just a joystick setup prebuilt to use whatever system I have. I purchased Raspberry Jamma and have Arpicade so I will “try” it and see if it works. It should otherwise I can retrofit it with the Jamma harness and use it too. It was just a question. Sorry.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 06, 2021 3:30 am

Please don't misunderstand me. You're welcome to use it with whatever you want, but it may need tweaking or have unexpected results.

I didn't mean to sound mad or something, you really don't need to appologize for asking questions. I only meant I won't be providing a guide to modifying the software to work on other hardware as it would be akin to shooting myself in the foot.

I appologize for any offence I have caused. None was meant.

mtcawirtz
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mtcawirtz » Thu May 06, 2021 3:43 am

As do I. None was meant or received. I appreciate EVERYTHING you do.