Cocktail Table Card playing in horizontal not vertical - HELP!!

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

aasmyrtlebeach
Community Member
Community Member

Cocktail Table Card playing in horizontal not vertical - HELP!!

Post by aasmyrtlebeach » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi, I am Jeffrey with Atlantic Arcade Sales. I have purchased well over 60 arpicade systems through High score saves. I have set up several cocktail tables that worked good. However I recently purchased a cocktail table card that is doing something strange and I need help!! When booted up the menu comes up in Vertical ( as it should ) however the games are playing in horizontal. I am needing this game for a birthday in two to three days and need help fast on how to adjust this. I am very familiar with hooking up the keyboard to adjust things so if there is a way to walk me through this I would greatly appreciate it. I use the respberry pi b+ , 19 inch game pro lcd, adapter board and card through High Score Saves

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Cocktail Table Card playing in horizontal not vertical - HELP!!

Post by dee2eR » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:47 am

Hi Jeffrey.

Do you know which version of ARpiCADE the build is based on? If it's the latest the rotation logic is based around having a textfile called vert.txt in /boot

Earlier versions had vert set at the bottom of /boot/config.txt using the hashed out #monitor_mount=1 setting.

My guess is one of these will sort out your problem, it sounds like at the moment the system is running in horizontal but the menu theme is set to vertical.