No sound on new Arpicade

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

ArsInvictus
Community Member
Community Member

No sound on new Arpicade

Post by ArsInvictus » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi,

I already have two arpicades hooked up to a couple cabinets and bought another one for a Neo Geo cabinet. The other two came pre-assembled and worked right out of the box with no problems but this one I had to assemble myself.

It seems to be working perfectly but I have no sound. I've swapped it out with another one of my existing arpicades and even swapped SD cards to confirm there is no software issue and the other arpicades work fine, so it is specific to this unit. I'm wondering if I missed something in the assembly process? Any suggestions?

Here is a shot of how I have it now:

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: No sound on new Arpicade

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:54 am

Is your NeoGeo cab wired to the JAMMA standard? Most NeoGeo cabs are wired to MVS standard, which looks like JAMMA but has stereo sound with different audio wiring (JAMMA is mono). It's not clear how you've swapped around units, possibly you tried one of your others in the NeoGeo cab....

Otherwise, nothing obvious stands out in your photo. There's some more trouble shooting we can try if it's not the above...

I test all hardware before sending it out so hopefully it's not a hardware issue... but, whatever it is we can figure it out.