Can someone come into stream and walk through the setup

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

ThorTw3nty
Community Member
Community Member

Can someone come into stream and walk through the setup

Post by ThorTw3nty » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:10 am

I purchased the whole kit including the imaged sd card. I have a old arcade cabinet and want to run the setup through with someone that knows better than me. I should have everything and would even paypal someone to spend a lil time helping me out.
Last edited by ThorTw3nty on Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Can someone come into stream and walk through the setup

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:17 am

If you have the whole kit it should be as simple as plugging it all together (if it wasn't supplied already assembled) and then plugging it into your cab like any other game board. The only difference to any other board is you will want to adjust your 5v to about 5.1v at the JAMMA edge to suit a RPi (3 or 4) rather than 5v for most JAMMA boards.

Depending on your number of buttons and wiring you may also need to make a kick harness (or adaptor) for some buttons. Without knowing the details of your cab I can't really be sure of that though.

I"m happy to help you through it if you need.

ThorTw3nty
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ThorTw3nty » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:36 am

so If i want to go straight to my hdmi monitor, Do i just remove the included vga adapter and run the hdmi straight from pie to monitor

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:09 am

yeah, that shoudl be fine.

Did you sort the audio issue out? I just wrote a reply only to discover the thread gone when I posted it....