Can’t exit Exit PlayStation games

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

ctheman
Community Member
Community Member

Can’t exit Exit PlayStation games

Post by ctheman » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:09 am

Hi there on latest 3.X version esc does not work nor any control panel button short cuts to exit game? Nothing works ?? Have to shut down arcade to exit only happens with ps1 games any suggestions to correct would be appreciated…

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Can’t exit Exit PlayStation games

Post by dee2eR » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:32 pm

I'll have to take a look. 'esc' should definately work to exit, maybe somethings broken in the controls setup for PS1. I don't think anyones reported this boefore though.

If 'f1' opens the Retroarch menu you should be able to exit from there as a workaround, although I imagine it's likely if one isn't working maybe the other won't either....

ctheman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ctheman » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:32 am

Yea I hear you I kind of given up trying to figure it out/ only happens with the Playstation console games, F1 on old version prior to 3.X used to open the retroarch menu now nothing and esc used to work as well to exit back to list of games like all the other games/emulators but on this version nothing responds - if I hit player 1 start button game pauses- and I get a small in-game menu that pops up but it is just to see the moves of the game & reset game or unpause . have to shut down arcade switch manually & reboot to get back to list of games.. Kind of bummed as I have everything else set & working great per my prefrences... Just happens I use some PSX games in my faves I hadn't noticed issue until recently as I did not test those when I moved up in version.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:36 am

I can't replicate the issue, exit works for me, both using keyboard esc and hotkeys long hold start to exit.

Did you apply the 3.X.1 update to 3.X? It's in the same 3.X release thread at the bottom of the first post. I don't think it would be the fix but it's the only difference jumping to mind unless you made some change to Retroarchs driver or input settings. It maybe worth trying it if you haven't already.

ctheman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ctheman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:42 am

Thanks for looking into replicating my issue I have all the updates applied I can try again but not sure it will help .. it’s a head scratcher I haven’t messed with the retro arch driver & can’t get into any retroarch menu from within the psx games as nothing registers except what I noted.. is there some cfg file I should be looking at or line of text to get a clue what could b wrong.?

Will try to reapply update nothing else to lose at this point will keep u posted if I resolve somehow…

ctheman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ctheman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:58 am

Ok- well let me say you really know your product/ I re-ran the 3.X.1 update from service menu & just like that issue resolved! I wonder - I had just recently replaced the reswitch per a fix u posted for another user in emulation support as I was having same issue of skewed upper portion of screen for Bad Dudes & Double Dragon games that fix worked for me.. wonder if that threw off the psx game not there related - anyhow thank you again!!!

ctheman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ctheman » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:02 am

Ok yes the update brings back the distorted top of screen for double dragon games & bad dudes… any resswitch fix that wont mess up PSX retroarch menu?? Lol