Need help setting up.

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

vib_ribbon
Observer
Observer

Need help setting up.

Post by vib_ribbon » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am

Hi.

I bought my unit around 5 years ago, I started using it again recently so just wondering which are the latest updates for this version of hardware? Is it still supported? I only use it for arcade games on my cabinet, I won't be needing console emulation etc.

What I really wish to do is to get the vertical games working on it too which I never tried setting up when I first got it. Any pointers for that would be most appreciated. Thanks.

See attachment to identify what I have as I'm not entirely sure myself.

Sorry, not very technical. When I read the threads of all the things it supports now and how to set them up I haven't a clue.

Thanks again.
Attachments
PXL.jpg
PXL.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 2284 times

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Need help setting up.

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:26 am

You have a RaspberryJAMMA v3. It is still the current version of the hardware, although current ones have a 2.5A fuse rather than the 1A of older ones as well as a brand name DAC rather than a generic. All older versions of the RaspberryJAMMA will work with the current software too, although the current software no longer supports Pi1.

I can't tell which RPi model you have there (Pi3B?), but if it's a Pi2 or Pi3 the current software is ARpiCADE 3.X.1, found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2137

It would also be possible for you to use that RaspberryJAMMA with a Pi4 if you upgrade the fuse and get a HDMI to HDMI micro adaptor for the DAC. Pi4 has it's own branch of ARpiCADE software. All the latesst releases are here: viewforum.php?f=12

Assuming your cab is low res all you basically need to do is burn the software image to a SD card and copy roms to it.

I'd strongly recommend the software upgrade, particularly on low res monitors there have been a lot of little changes making everything that bit better than a 5 year old build.

mrtexasfreedom
Community Member
Community Member

Post by mrtexasfreedom » Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:14 pm

Deezer-

Thanks for clarification. I have rp3 and was trying to run the arpicade_4.2 image and received segmentation fault and drop to command line after boot. Didn't realize the 4.2 image was Raspberry pi 4 exclusive. Am now trying the 3.x.7z image.

JoJin
Observer
Observer

Post by JoJin » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:25 pm

dee2eR, thanks, the clarification and topics you mentioned helped me. By the way, I have a Pi3B.