Games are blurry!

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Frank
Community Member
Community Member

Games are blurry!

Post by Frank » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:01 pm

Having issues with my games not being crisp, faded and dark and easy to see on my VGA LCD cabinet, not sure how to adjust the detail to make more stable….all games are kinda blurry and washed out and gotta be looking directly in the middle of the screen to see the game fully, I tested my screen by plugging in my 15 in 1 PCB and those games where excellent in sharpness, brightness and contrast and could see the selected games from whatever direction I was looking at the screen. I’m thinking I have the settings wrong somewhere arpircade PCB but ain’t really sure how to fix the issue. Would definitely appreciate any help in the matter, thanks.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Games are blurry!

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:05 am

Sorry for the slow reply.

Have you set it to highres in config.txt? The default settings for ARpiCADE is low res. Thats the first place to start. It's certainly possibly to have a good picture on a LCD so it's probably just settings.

Frank
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Games are blurry!

Post by Frank » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:31 am

Thanks, I never messed with the settings so that’s probably the issue…after all these years I’m still a noob lol. I will give it a try and report back my findings, thanks again 🙂