Player 3 and 4 not working

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Borddog321
Community Member
Community Member

Player 3 and 4 not working

Post by Borddog321 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:39 pm

I have a new image that for some reason isn’t recognizing input to player 3 and 4.

When doing a jstest it recognizes inputs on all 4 players. I noticed in the service menu. There is a difference between 2 images that I have. The image that works for 4 players has 2 options in the service menu that are not in the service menu on the image that only works for 2 players. The two options are to change to 4 player mode and to change to 2 player mode. Those options are not in the menu for the image that isn’t working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Player 3 and 4 not working

Post by dee2eR » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:12 am

Sounds like your 'new' image is based off an older version of ARpiCADE prior to that option being added to the service menu. It doesn't necessarily mean it's not set up for four players though, if jstest works for four players it supports four players - the issue is likely emulator config...

You should be able to fix it up from in a game, load up a game with the issue and press 'tab' to open MAMEs menu. Navigate to the inputs for this game submenu, find the problem inputs and you should be able to set them up right here. Once you've figured out the problem you may want to check the inputs for all games subsection of the menu to fix any other games in the same emulator.

I hope that helps.

Borddog321
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Borddog321 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:55 am

Ok after a few failed attempts I think I have the Simpsons game working with all 4 players. I haven’t checked other games yet. So that is good. The problem I’m having now is I wired my cabinet to work with the previous image I had. So player 1 - 4 controls and coin mechs mapped properly to the players on the screen. But with this new image they are out of order. Is there an easy way to “move” them around in the new image? Or do I have to rewire my control panel and coin mechs again??

Thanks for your help!

Borddog321
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Borddog321 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:47 pm

I was able to reassign the coins mechs by reassigning them in the player inputs. I had to change them in both game inputs and general inputs before the change worked. I’m going to have to check each game too see if this messed up the others. For others that need to do this, make sure you escape out to the menu and then select f4 and then either select reboot or shutdown in order to save your changes. I hope this helps someone else.