Merged vs Split ROMs and arguments

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

VeryApe121
Community Member
Community Member

Merged vs Split ROMs and arguments

Post by VeryApe121 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:33 pm

Anyone have thoughts on using a merged MAME ROM set vs a split set? I've generally used the spit sets, but I'm wondering if using merged would be more efficient. If I play something like Fantastic Journey, where fantjour.zip is the parent ROM, but I want to play the Japanese version, which is gokuparo.zip, how can I tell the arpicade to do that? Or will the ArPiCade just show all of the clone ROMs associated with the parent?

Side question, if I want to add a command line switch to a specific ROM when I run it, do I go into the menu by pressing E and add it to the arguments section? Is there any specific syntax to it it there, or would it be just like running it from the command line, for example, just add -norewind in that field? I ask this because I'm having trouble running the Parodius series of games from Konami.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Merged vs Split ROMs and arguments

Post by dee2eR » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:10 am

Sorry slow reply on this one...

Clones will be shown using the default settings (most parent roms will also be shown), anyhting you need in the rom folder byut don' twant in the menu can be added to the exclusion arrays in the romscanning script.

If you want to add custom command line switches you will probably need ot edit the launcher script for whatever MAME version you're trying to use. What Parodius game in which MAME version? I don't believe I've had any issues running parodius games in the past, I can check it out.