wiping control mappings/editing inputs? NBAJAM Rewind?

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

TheHandlebarGamer
Community Member
Community Member

wiping control mappings/editing inputs? NBAJAM Rewind?

Post by TheHandlebarGamer » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:32 am

3 questions:
1) Is there an easy way to wipe any and all current control mappings to default?

2) I snagged a 2 to 3 button board from JimRiddleTV - it kinda works. It when mapped is grouping button 1 and 2 with 3.

Is there a way to edit these mappings in a text editor?

3) NBA JAM Rewind rom hack. Tried 078, didn't detect. Tried later mame revisions, showed but wouldn't launch. Is there a mame core that's best for NBA JAM? (Should show as TE, I think it's a checksum fail?)

huge thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: wiping control mappings/editing inputs? NBAJAM Rewind?

Post by dee2eR » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:26 am

1. Not sure, be more specific... 'default' ARpiCADE controls is however I mapped it prior to release (unfortunately) and may vary from release to release (hopefully only improving...).

2. I've not used one of these boards, any mapping for it would be done outside of ARpiCADE software (unless I'm missing something). I've tried doing similar without the extra hardware using MAME config previously but don't know how this particular add-on board is configured (or if it offers an advantage to doing it the MAME config way).

3. What's the rom file name? I assume it may need to be added to the .aml file for 078 to be recognised by the rom scanner (assuming it works in 078). If you're on any Pi4 model use MAME 0.172 (or newer) for NABJam, on Pi3 or earlier 078 is good but you could also try AdvMAME (MAME 0.106) if the romhack isn't possible to use in 078. I might need to look into this one further to be able to answer it properly.