Connecting to a QSound amplifier

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Xninja
Community Member
Community Member

Connecting to a QSound amplifier

Post by Xninja » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:46 pm

Just received my Arpicade today and I'm having issues connecting the DAC to the amplifier of my Capcom Big Blue cab. I am using 3.5mm to RCA connector into the powered amplifier. I get a lot of garbled feedback from the speakers when powering on. I am afraid that I might be damaging my amplifier/speakers, so I am not trying to troubleshoot much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Connecting to a QSound amplifier

Post by dee2eR » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:37 am

That should work, not sure why you're having issues offhand. Did you connect the 3.5mm to the DAC output (as it should be) or the RPi output (wrong in this instance) or the RaspberryJAMMA input (very wrong)? That's the main thing popping into my head that could go wrong.

Xninja
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Xninja » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:28 pm

Hey dee2er, I was connecting it to DAC output. I ended up connecting to an external amplifier powered by a power line off atx supply. Now I’m dealing with some monitor feedback but the sound works. I would like to use the qsound amplifier ideally. I got a volume controller to plug the rca wires into that I’ll try later to see if it helps. So far it’s a stellar setup.

Xninja
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Xninja » Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:34 pm

All fixed. I just needed one of the fostex volume knobs.