FBA dipswitch settings not saving in 4.3.1

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Azathoth
Community Member
Community Member

FBA dipswitch settings not saving in 4.3.1

Post by Azathoth » Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:29 pm

Current setup is a Pi4 version B running Arpicade 4.3.1. Did a clean install of 4.3, which for some reason had a lot of noticable slowdown across the board, afterwards installed the 4.3.1 update which looks to have fixed all slowdown issues.

Problem I've ran into is no dipswitch settings in FBA will save no matter what I do. If I change dips from the default I can click every save option available; the create unique game options at the top of the dip menu, as well as all three save selections in override settings (core, folder, game). Exit the game and on restart everything is turned back to default.

The control settings do save, just not the dips.

In contrast, on 4.2 if I change a dip on a game it stays changed permanently without me choosing any type of save option, and stays on until I manually turn it back off.

Is this a known issue that anyone else has encountered? Any ideas how I could solve it?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: FBA dipswitch settings not saving in 4.3.1

Post by dee2eR » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:48 am

i'll have to check it out, don't think I've encountered this before.

Azathoth
Community Member
Community Member

Re: FBA dipswitch settings not saving in 4.3.1

Post by Azathoth » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:55 am

dee2eR wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:48 am
i'll have to check it out, don't think I've encountered this before.
I would certainly appreciate it.

To double check, I did a fresh install of 4.3 on another memory card, installed 4.3.1 update, and still the same results. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't an install issue or something didn't get corrupted.