GRS Star Wars flight yoke issues

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Re: GRS Star Wars flight yoke issues

Post by cool_factor » Fri May 05, 2023 11:56 am

Dee2er, have you found that info yet you mentioned or possibly a solution? I'm still researching on forums also. Thanks!!!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm

Sorry for the slow reply.

This was the thing I was talking about:
cool_factor wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:22 pm
dee2eR wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:54 pm
That we can fix in mame.ini, for at least 172, 203 and 230, I think. Very far down in the file you'll want to set
#
# SDL JOYSTICK MAPPING
#
joy_idx1 GPIOController1
joy_idx2 GPIOController2
you can hard code the others if it matters too. I think I have the names right but I don't have it in front of me at the moment, I can check on the SD card I was using the other day if you need.

Do you have access to /home/mame172/mame.ini etc? I can post the terminal commands to do it there if you need, maybe hard to read the text editor on a arcade monitor though.
So this???

#
# SDL JOYSTICK MAPPING
#
joy_idx1 GPIOController1
joy_idx2 GPIOController2
joy_idx3 BaolianindustryCo.,Ltd.BLflightyoke#1
Not sure if you tried that yet. If you haven't already tried this, I'd leave everything except joy_idx1 and joy_idx2 set to auto and just hard code the GPIOController1 and GPIOController2 - hopefully that will mean if the yoke isn't attached it isn't causing some other issue.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Tue May 09, 2023 2:51 pm

OK I'll try this, how would I hard code the others? Ive got about 10 games in .106, I moved my 2 games from FBA to .172 and they work. Also, how do you get rid of the "deadzone" in .106 settings? I cant find a definitive answer anywhere. THANKS!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu May 11, 2023 6:46 am

203 and 230 should work the same as 172, although I haven't actually tested on anything but 172.

106 I'll have to look into, it handles inputs differently than the more up to date MAMEs. I'm sure I've seen an analog deadzone setting in there somewhere recently when using lightguns but I'm not sure offhand.

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by cool_factor » Fri May 12, 2023 10:26 am

Just an update. I added what you suggested and removed the one entry for the GRS. So far so good. What I've done is install an inline USB power button for the GRS. I power on cab and when at attract mode then power on GRS. When launching any game it maps to joy 4 in 172,203,230! Only 1 game in 106 uses it; Star Blade and is very playable. Star Blade plays horribly slow in 172,203,230. The dead zone is horrible in 106 so for now I use a trackball. Would love to use the GRS eventually but that deadzone..... The power button is a dirty work around because when you want to play Star Blade it wont let me use trackball, All games default to the GRS as well for some reason, I have to exit to attract mode and power off the GRS, then everything works ok, it would be great to figure out how to implement without doing it this way but for now it works.

The games in 106:
Asteroids
Asteroids Deluxe
Horizon
Popeye
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2
Star Blade
Star Castle