Advmame not loading.

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Advmame not loading.

Post by cool_factor » Wed May 03, 2023 3:42 pm

From attract mode load advmame rom and attempts to load, goes black, screen then back to attract mode. Ran advmame from a command prompt and it loads then says it can't find the rom files yet they are in the mame-106 folder. This is a new problem as they use to load and play. I've been messing with getting that GRS Star Wars yoke to work but those roms are all in 172,203, 230. I've sort of got those working, waiting on Dee2er to confirm settings he told me about. Any ideas what broke advmame from loading?

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Re: Advmame not loading.

Post by cool_factor » Wed May 03, 2023 8:52 pm

FIXED:

In advmame.rc file everything in red was missing, games are now booting, not sure what or how it disappeared but its working.

dir_artwork /home/pi/.advance/artwork:/usr/local/share/advance/artwork:/boot/previews/mameArtwork
dir_image /home/pi/.advance/image:/usr/local/share/advance/image:/boot/romsArcade/bios:/boot/romsArcade/mame-106
dir_rom /home/pi/.advance/rom:/usr/local/share/advance/rom:/boot/romsArcade/mame-106:/boot/romsArcade/bios
dir_sample /home/pi/.advance/sample:/usr/local/share/advance/sample:/boot/sample

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Advmame not loading.

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 09, 2023 12:57 pm

odd, probably just something I've missed(?), unless the whoel file reverted to defaults or something.