Konami Arpicade adaptor

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

Raplaka75
Community Member
Community Member

Konami Arpicade adaptor

Post by Raplaka75 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:27 pm

Good afternoon, I just got a Konami 4 player Arpicade last night that I was messing around with and was playing the Simpsons with only the 1st and 2nd player working from the Jamma but the 3rd & 4th players on the coin buttons is not working. After my game was over and had the continue menu counting down to zero, I was able to use the 3rd player and 4th player buttons to end the game so the Arpicade recognized the 3rd and 4th player attack and jump buttons. By that being said I just can't start the game on the 3rd & 4th player side. I have coin buttons for all four players but the 1st and 2nd players are the only ones that work. How can I get the 3rd and 4th player coin buttons to work with the Arpicade?

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Konami Arpicade adaptor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:47 am

Very likely it is just a MAME button config issue. If you plug a keyboard in prior to booting you can press 'tab' while a game is running to open MAMEs menus where there is options to set inputs either universally (for games that run in that MAME version) or just for the one game for one off modifications. Alternatly you can also use the hotkey combo p1 start+joy right to open MAMEs menus.

Please let me know if this doesn't help and I can try to help further.

Raplaka75
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Raplaka75 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:23 pm

Oh ok thank you for your reply dee2eR, appreciate it! It works like you decribed. I got to find a way to save the settings. When I turn the power off and back on it wipes away my settings and I have to redo it again.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:49 pm

For some MAME versions you may also need to select 'save for all games' or 'save for this game only' in the MAME menu when changing the inputs to have MAME write the change to file.

I should also have mentioned in the first instructions but it's also a good idea to reboot from the service menu after making any changes (that you want to save), it will make sure the changes are fully written to the SD card. Once you're back at the game select menu (after making a change) 'f4' on the keyboard will load the ARpiCADE service menu, just select reboot from there. That should make sure the changes on the SD card are finalised.

Raplaka75
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Raplaka75 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:16 pm

Oh ok I will try that and will let you know. Thanks!