Coin mech settings on NBA Jam caninet

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

captcashew
Community Member
Community Member

Coin mech settings on NBA Jam caninet

Post by captcashew » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:22 pm

I have an original NBA Jam cabinet that I’m trying to set up to use coins. And it does work. But the issue is that one coin mech adds one credit and the other coin mech adds 6 credits. If it was a real NBA Jam PCB, I know where to go to adjust this setting, but how do I get to those settings with an Arpicade? Sorry, I couldn’t find this anywhere, but I’m sure someone has asked something similar.

TIA

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Coin mech settings on NBA Jam caninet

Post by dee2eR » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:57 am

On a per game basis you can adjust any settings you can adjust on a real board. 'Tab' will open MAMEs menus which give you access to diupswitch settings and 'test' or 'F2' will open most boards test menus (like you'd use for the pricing adjustment on your NBAJam board).

For a one and done all games adjustment you probably want to do it at the coin mech(s) and/or the credit board (if your cab has one) rather than adjusting every game individually.

captcashew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by captcashew » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:09 pm

I know this is a newb question, but do I just need to plug a keyboard into the game while it is running? Or do I need to do something to boot into the backend?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:38 am

It's best to plug in a keyboard while it is off. Sometimes when you plug one in while it's running the running program won't pick it up.

captcashew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by captcashew » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:14 am

Thanks! Yes, I figured that. But I don’t have to pull the board? I can leave it in the arcade and use the CRT monitor?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:33 am

should work fine on your arcade monitor.

It's only really when you have to use a text console that they can be a bit tricky... unless you have attrocious picture quality on the monitor or something.

If there is anything you cannot read on your cab monitor it is OK to try it outside the cab with a Pi power supply into a HDMI monitor/TV, most HDMI inputs can display the low res of the RPi ( at least the ones I've tried can). But again, you probably don't need to do this outside the cab.

captcashew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by captcashew » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:03 am

Thanks! I’ll try it out!

captcashew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by captcashew » Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:29 pm

Ok, here is another dumb question. When I hit tab to get into the menu, how do I select an option? I’ve tried enter but nothing seems to work.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:12 pm

joystick and button 1 on your panel should work to select options.