Modifying Horizontal Position

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

MarkOZLAD
Community Member
Community Member

Modifying Horizontal Position

Post by MarkOZLAD » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:06 pm

Hey guys,

Building an arcade cab using and RGB moded consumer set that will have both an arcade game board and the RaspberryJAMMA. Unlike a proper arcade monitor there won't be an easily accessible method to change horizontal position when I switch between the game board and the RaspberryJAMMA. I would like to be able to set the TV's horizontal position to fit the game board and then make the RaspberryJAMMA match by modify the horizontal position in software. Is this possible?

Cheers,

MarkOZLAD

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Modifying Horizontal Position

Post by dee2eR » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:55 pm

You should be able to modify the overscan properties in /boot/config.txt to effectively adjust the horizontal position. This is the bit you want to change:
overscan_left=33
overscan_right=32

MarkOZLAD
Community Member
Community Member

Post by MarkOZLAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 pm

Thank you. I figured it would be that but I couldn’t see it mentioned in the forum and I thought this could act to document the procedure.

MarkOZLAD
Community Member
Community Member

Post by MarkOZLAD » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:40 am

Modified these values tonight and they worked a treat.

Used the Midnight Commander browser available from the Arpicade menu I edited the config.txt file by pressing F4. Ctrl-X to exit and save. Rebooted and after a bit of tweaking was able to get horizontal position and size to be just about perfect.

The config tools are excellent once you learn a few things.