LED Blink

Ideas or requests to make ARpiCADE better or more useful? Come on in, the water is warm!

Moderator: dee2eR

FrizzleFried
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

LED Blink

Post by FrizzleFried » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:42 pm

I assume there are products that I can do this with... I am just not familiar with them. I just replaced an ArcadeSD with an ARpiCADE... the ArcadeSD had a feature that would blink Atari "volcano" buttons like the originals... how do I accomplish such a task using the ARpiCADE?

In a perfect world they would blink only when there was a credit...(P1, P2 or both)...
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated: 10/28/21)

cool_factor
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Re: LED Blink

Post by cool_factor » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:11 pm

Maybe RGBCommander?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:31 pm

I'm not sure, if MAME sends signals for the light up start buttons that we can use it should be possible (but you would need a spare GPIO or two so you could reassign some button signals for it as long as you're not using all the available buttons). If MAME doesn't supply those signals it would be a lot more complex as you'd have to have a system in place to keep track of credits and activate the LEDs etc..

Unless you just wanted the lights to blink and not indicate that there were credits or something. A lights blink all the time hack would be possible too but I'm guessing that's not really what you want.

FrizzleFried
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by FrizzleFried » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Some Atari games have the LED blinking built in to the code.

There is a program called LED BLINKY evidently that also adds functionality to other games.

I'd love for them to simply blink during attract mode... then, perhaps, go solid when in game? I'm guessing LED Blinky isn't available for linux...
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated: 10/28/21)

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:14 pm

Retropie thread discussing RGB commander: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/265 ... ommander/2

Pretty sure it will be able to do what you want but I've never played with it. If it can work on RetroPie there's no reason it cannot work on ARpiCADE.