Existing feature requests

Ideas or requests to make ARpiCADE better or more useful? Come on in, the water is warm!

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Existing feature requests

Post by dee2eR » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:40 pm

I figured I'd post up exisiting feature requests, 1 & 2 will be in the next update, 3 & 4 are longer term.

1. Jukebox function EDIT: prob not next release - haven't found a way I like to do it yet, may just release a sepperate bit of software sometime.

2. WiFi switch on/off from service menu without requiring keyboard

3. Rom management from Attract-Mode (may not be currently possible due to current limits of Attract-Mode)

4. Menu based rom installation

Matt68061
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Existing feature requests

Post by Matt68061 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:48 pm

I don't think there are too many features that need to be included to make this damn near 100% perfect.

the ability to log on to your wifi from the service menu would be simply awesome...then you could just wirelessly drop in roms and make other changes.

What currently holds it back a bit is the Raspi Pi itself. Just doesn't quite have the computing power to plow thru some games that a full on PC does in MAME.

But for what it is... I just love it. I think I have bought three and plan on two more in the near future.

Just wish I understood Linux just a bit tho....

DESTRO
Community Member
Community Member

Post by DESTRO » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:40 am

This may be a long shot. What about the idea of more emulators? Like console or handheld?
I'll be honest. There's just a handful of arcade games that I really enjoy. But sometimes, I just want to play Tetris on the GameBoy. Or Bonks Adventure on TG-16.
I am a big sega CD fan. And I'm not exactly sure if that's supported on the build.
Cheers.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:59 am

Except Gameboy they're already supported (although SEGA CD may need some setup, it's been ages since I looked at it), gameboy is do-able if wanted.

cathaldub
Community Member
Community Member

Post by cathaldub » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:35 am

A backup mode where you could backup all ROMs, save scores to a USB stick and when setting up again from new the option to restore all ROMs and settings would make upgrades a lot easier

FrizzleFried
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by FrizzleFried » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:39 pm

Move the "modules" folder and sub-folders from the linux drive to the boot drive to make it easy for people to install modules like conveyor_helper, etc...
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated: 10/28/21)

bravebluerx
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by bravebluerx » Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:07 am

1) Really would like to see better compatibility with being able to read the various roms no matter what format, zipped, unzipped, etc or at least a guide on what each emulator requires in a one text document. Nes in admess only reads unzipped files in .nes format with no spaces in the file names, makes for a tedious undertaking.

2) When configuring in game MAME options for advmame for example, the video menu option for example, the highlighted line on my CGA is almost invisible because the teal color doesnt display well on CGAs so I am left guessing which selection I am on. When using a VGA it is of course easier to identify the highlighted bar.

thank you

Flumpf
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Flumpf » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Probably pushing my luck - and not sure if the Pi has enough oomph - but visual PinMAME support would be brilliant for vertical cabs. :)

segaman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by segaman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 pm

would an nintendo 64 emulator be possible?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:48 am

N64 is possible but the emulators available are not great, Mario64 and MarioKart64 would probably run alright but everything else will be a mixed bag. N64 on ARM isn't great yet. Also the controls will not map to an arcade setup very well, it would probably need per game setups to get the most from it.

That said it could be added, just won't be perfect.