Control Mapping ! HELP

Questions and tweaks for Attract-Mode on ARpiCADE.

Moderator: dee2eR

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Control Mapping ! HELP

Post by dee2eR » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 pm

The start+right shortcut can be disabled in /boot/hotkeys.ini by deleting the line it is on. It's worth backing up your SD card or at least making a copy of hotkeys.ini first as a mistake in this file can break the hotkeys entirely (so you won't be able to exit games or use any other shortcut you use). You cannot 'hash out' the line to disable things in hotkeys.ini due to the way it works.

Bloodybone
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Bloodybone » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:59 pm

i delete the hot keys all together, i re-map (esc key or escape game back to main menu) to another button and them mount that button to front of the game. so i have that fig out. however even delete hotkey file does not solve this problem it still allows the player to get into that menu and change my maping.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:08 am

Edit run.sh to disable the hotkeys entirely, you just need to 'hash out' the line that launches the hotkeys. Not sure how you did it or what will happen if you delete the hotkeys.ini file and still launch the hotkeys system in run.sh. Interesting to hear it still works when the file is deleted entirely.

If you are using Windows and haven't already done so get Notepad++ as the built in editors can break Linux files.