Removing console displays

Questions and tweaks for Attract-Mode on ARpiCADE.

Moderator: dee2eR

EstenzE
Community Member
Community Member

Removing console displays

Post by EstenzE » Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:42 am

So I normally use just the "All Displays" with the ArcadeSD theme for my games, but if i hit the player 2 button 2, it cycles through the console displays. Now, i've tried hiding them, but they just tend to come back after a while, and the remove displays option does not work. Anyway to remove them from a config file?

Cjoli
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Removing console displays

Post by Cjoli » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 pm

I was just looking into this also, curious if there is an way to remove it, I don't keep many games on the cab and I would prefer to just have the all games option and not have it go back to the displays when someone hits button 2

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Easiest way to fix it up is either remove the displays you don't want in the Attract-Mode menus or change the buttons in Attract-Modes menus so it can't be done accidentally. 'Test' cabside or 'tab' on keyboard should get you into the Attract-Mode menus.

EstenzE
Community Member
Community Member

Post by EstenzE » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:20 am

dee2eR wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:35 pm
Easiest way to fix it up is either remove the displays you don't want in the Attract-Mode menus or change the buttons in Attract-Modes menus so it can't be done accidentally. 'Test' cabside or 'tab' on keyboard should get you into the Attract-Mode menus.
That's the issue. I have tried removing them to no avail, they still show up. I guess i'll try changing the cycle buttons.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:33 pm

After making the changes did you reboot at all or just switch off the cab? It's possible the changes didn't get written to the SD card. Not sure why else it wouldn't work (unless maybe if Attract-Mode saves the settings at exit and you didn't exit it, but I'm not sure if either is the case here...).

Generally I recommend rebooting or shutting down from the service menu after making changes to be sure the SD card writes them properly. Due to the way SD cards work it is possible for changes to be not finalised if they arn't unmounted after writing data to them, the reboot/powerdown is the only way I'm aware of to unmount the card on Pi due to it having the active OS on it.

If that's not it or you still want to have a look you can find the Attract-Mode config files in /home/pi/.attract/ (the service menu instance has its own config files too in it's own directory).

EstenzE
Community Member
Community Member

Post by EstenzE » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:14 am

Update on this, was never able to remove the displays directly from Attract-Mode, even after shutting down from the service menu. Editing the attract mode cfg file in /home/pi/.attract/ did the trick. Now the only display I see is the "All Games" one.