Service Menu

Questions and tweaks for Attract-Mode on ARpiCADE.

Moderator: dee2eR

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Service Menu

Post by guntherm » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 am

Not service menu, I just kinda continued thread. Sorry.

Hit tab.... That brings you to what I call the Displays menu's.. You can even scroll to the bottom and select Display's.. and try to change the display menu.. it never takes effect no matter what I have done..

Again.. just hit from Attract Mode.. Hit Tab.. that whole display, is supposed to be able to be modified...
I cant seem to be able to do so.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:35 am

Which display? Each game list can be set to any layout (theme) you like independently of each other. The method is:

-hit 'tab' (or 'test' on the cab) from inside Attract-Mode to open it's menus
-navigate to 'Displays'
-navigate to the list you want to change (All Games is possibly the one you want, I'm not sure)
-navigate to 'Layout' and press enter or b1
-press up/down on joystick to scroll through the available menu themes.
-press enter or b1 to select the theme you want
-select 'back' until you're back at the game selection menu, if you're on the list you changed it should be changed now.
-(if you don't like the new layout, repeat all steps until you find what you want)

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by guntherm » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:08 am

I have done a super lousy explanation..

Hit 'Tab'
Navigate to 'Displays'
Navigate to 'Display Menu Options'.. try to change the menu style, doesn't change the Displays screen as Attract-Mode says it can. No matter what menu Style(theme) you choose doesn't work.

What does this change it changes the 'Tab' -> 'Display' menu. You can make it look better, add images etc..

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:44 am

The Display Menu Options only change the displays menu (the list of gamelists basically, not the actual gamelists), this option will only affect the system selection screen, but the options do work, just only for one screen.

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by guntherm » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 am

dee2eR wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:44 am
The Display Menu Options only change the displays menu (the list of gamelists basically, not the actual gamelists), this option will only affect the system selection screen, but the options do work, just only for one screen.
yea that's what I am saying it's not changing anything. I want certain fonts, and a certain design... I can select any layout and it never changes for me.

zonatar
Community Member
Community Member

Post by zonatar » Fri May 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Please help me, i was browsing the attract-mode and i open )for a mistake i think) the service menu but the arpicade just stuck in this mode, i can't return to the game menu, how can i going back?

zonatar
Community Member
Community Member

Post by zonatar » Sat May 23, 2020 7:53 am

I try moving left and right on the keyboard, nothing happen, there's a way to edit some file to return to the game list?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sat May 23, 2020 8:24 am

just picking reboot from the service menu should get you back to the game menu. If the system is loading directly to the service menu the config file for the regular game selection instance of Attract-Mode may have corrupted or some other reason it's not loading...

If that doesn't help you may be stuck on some other menu, if you have to take a photo of it and I can identify the menu. It may save some confusion.

zonatar
Community Member
Community Member

Post by zonatar » Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am

reboot doesn't work, always boot in this mode.

zonatar
Community Member
Community Member

Post by zonatar » Sun May 24, 2020 3:33 pm

nevermind, i reflash all the arpicade image.