Emulators

Questions and tweaks for Attract-Mode on ARpiCADE.

Moderator: dee2eR

guntherm
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Emulators

Post by guntherm » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:25 am

Do we have a list of Emulators this system will support?

Has anyone added anything except just Mame roms?? If so, please explain how you did it?

I have Mame down to what i want. but looking to expand...

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Emulators

Post by dee2eR » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:09 pm

Most major consoles from Atari 2600 to Playstation (original) work. Every system in the roms/consoles/ directory is supported. A couple appear twice with localized naming convention, eg. MegaDrive and Genesis are actually the same but using one folder or the other will make sure your rom list is named the way you prefer.

Keep the console stuff unzipped. You need to have no spaces in the filenames, use underscores instead and they will appear as spaces in the menu.

Some consoles work better with arcade control schemes than others. The default layouts are here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aTaPB ... ajySikhlts I haven't put as much time into the console stuff as I have arcade but mostly they work fine, they're just the standard Retroarch emulator cores everything seems to use these days.

There are dedicated folders for the console preview snaps etc too. Names have to match with the roms, except of corse the file extensions.