Crazy Taxi

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

MarkOZLAD
Community Member
Community Member

Crazy Taxi

Post by MarkOZLAD » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:37 am

Anyone tried to get this working?

From the minimal research I've done it appears the Dreamcast is the way to go. Anyone added Dreamcast to their ARpiCADE?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Crazy Taxi

Post by dee2eR » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:30 am

According to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =379183179 Crazy Taxi 2 should be OK. Not sure how good they consider OK to be.

In my experience with Reicast (the available DC emulator) there will probably be graphical glitches, if not more issues. I haven't tried DC for a couple of years now so it could be better than when I last tried it out but as far as I'm aware Reicast is not being worked on anymore. I didn't try either Crazy Taxi game when I was testing the emulator.

MarkOZLAD
Community Member
Community Member

Post by MarkOZLAD » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:54 am

Any idea how to install Riecast? I’m finding it very confusing.

There’s not much info about how to put it on the Pi because it’s standard issue with Retropie...

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:52 am

I can't remember offhand if I downloaded a binary or built it myself. Was a few years ago I last played with it. If you have a copy of Retropie you may even be able to copy the binary from Retropie.

After that you just need a bios and probably to setup the configuration file as far as I know.

I may be able to dig the old binary I had out for you if you need it.