MAME 172 - options list not visible

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

Kevin_S
Community Member
Community Member

MAME 172 - options list not visible

Post by Kevin_S » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:49 am

I have a weird thing going on -- I've set up Sinistar on my rig in MAME 172 as recommended, and when I attempt to make changes in the game by hitting Tab on the keyboard, the list graphic pops up on the screen, but is just visible as a black rectangle -- I can scroll up and down, but there's no text as there should be (Input Options, Video Options, etc.)

Anyone else see this? Any suggestions?

bikeboygv
Community Member
Community Member

Re: MAME 172 - options list not visible

Post by bikeboygv » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 pm

I have seen this on a few ROMs as well. Never figured out how to fix either.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:13 am

This should have been fixed (or at least improved) with ARpiCADE 3.X.1... what version are you using?

Turns out the problem is MAME not knonwing what aspect ratio to use... took me some figuring out...

bikeboygv
Community Member
Community Member

Post by bikeboygv » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:14 pm

Sorry, noob question here, how do I tell what version I'm on? I tried to look in the ARpiCADE menu, but didn't see anything. I just got my unit from HSS a week or two ago.

Another question, if I do need to upgrade, are each of the releases incremental or can I just upgrade to the latest release? In other words, can I just download the 3.X.1 files and upgrade from whatever version I'm currently on?

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:19 am

On newer versions of ARpiCADE theres a file in /boot/USER_GUIDE/ to identify the version.

Unfortunately sometimes I forget ot update it. Most recently on the 3.X (not updated to 3.X.1) release it still said 3.9....

To update to 3.X.1 you need to start with 3.X. Most releases are standalone, 3.X.1 was a bugfix as much as an update.