Remap buttons for Dreamcast Games

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

Moosh
Observer
Observer

Remap buttons for Dreamcast Games

Post by Moosh » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:18 pm

Hi. I'm running the latest rev of Arpicade on my Pi4 and playing some dreamcast games. I have it connected to my New Astro City via pi2Jamma. i cannot figure out how to remap the buttons. any help would be great.

also, is it possible to overclock the Pi4 so these games run any better? running the arcade ver of 3S is significantly better performance wise. i'd like to be able to play the DC ver to access the training mode and having random stage during vs.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Remap buttons for Dreamcast Games

Post by dee2eR » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:19 am

Not sure re. the controls on a Pi2JAMMA. Probably do-able form the Retroarch menus, if they're working but the buttons order is wrong you will probably only need to adjust them in the quick menu part.

Pi4 overclocking can be done from config.txt - how fast you can successfully push it may vary from Pi to Pi. You may (or may not) need to add a heatsink to the Pi4. You may find your voltage is a little low if performance is that bad (although I haven't tried the DC version of Third Strike the DC stuff I have tried runs good).

If you're not already on ARpiCADE 4.2 update to 4.2. (you mentioned being on the latest but not the version...) as it also has the CPU governor set to performance mode (the 2 earlier releases it was on the default mode).