Q*Bert Issues

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

ItalianNJ
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Q*Bert Issues

Post by ItalianNJ » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:36 am

Thanks so much for this! I did add it, but the problem now is that I went to accidentally must have changed some dip switch settings in the qbert game, and don't know how to revert any of it back. Now it acts real fast and not working correctly. The problem was I could not even read the dip switch menu at all.

Is there a way to delete qbert and all of it's settings and then just re-install? Where are dip switch settings actually stored?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:02 am

I don't think it will be a dip switch setting. Dipswitch settings (for MAME 0.172) will be found in /home/pi/mame172/cfg/ (I think, I've never manually deleted the dip switch settings before). Before you try that give the following a go:

Try adding
-throttle
to the same line you edited in the launcher script. It may just be running it as fast as the Pi can go.

I'll take a look at the menu text issue you're having too. I've had some luck improving it for low res use, I thought it was OK on high res and didn't think to look at it. Is it only happening in MAME 172? It's probably fixable in the launcher with the aspect setting, if you want to try it add:
-aspect 4:3
. Based on my previous advice the line in the launcher would become:
aconfig="-unevenstretch -ror -nosyncrefresh -nowaitvsync -throttle -aspect 4:3"
Hopefully that helps.

ItalianNJ
Community Member
Community Member

Post by ItalianNJ » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:49 pm

That worked!

So my only last issue with Q*Bert is getting into the settings. Really the only reason I want to get into the settings is to disable the demo sound.. Attached is what the screen looks like when I go into the settings just on this game. If it's not solvable now, that's OK too...

Thanks so much for all your help and attentiveness to this!
IMG_0928.jpg
IMG_0928.jpg (11.36 KiB) Viewed 3798 times