A couple questions about Daphne and 3.x.1

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

Noascii
Community Member
Community Member

A couple questions about Daphne and 3.x.1

Post by Noascii » Thu May 06, 2021 1:10 am

So I got space ace up and running, however, I can't find anywhere what the controls are. Of course there's the joystick and fire buttons, but what are the difficulty select buttons set to? Can they be rebound? Also where can I disable the on screen scores? Also is there a way to enable the longer black screens like it's being played on a real laser disc player?

Also, how would I get the space ace enhancement rom to show up? I downloaded the zip and put it in the rom folder, is it supposed to show up on the launcher or is there something else I have to do?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: A couple questions about Daphne and 3.x.1

Post by dee2eR » Wed May 12, 2021 3:21 am

Sorry for the slow reply. Don't use Daphne heaps so I had to test things and I've been on Pi4 lately...

Long story short, I'm not sure for some of these things but what I do know is:
there is a config file for Daphne inputs (/home/pi/daphne/dapinput.ini)

you can disable the onscreen score board in the launcher (/boot/launchers/daphne.sh), it's one of the command line options.

not sure re. longer black screens, possibly a command line option you could adjust from the launcher. It's using -vldp (virtual laser disc player) at the moment, there may be a better setting for arcade accurate loading times. I imagine accurate loading times varries game to game though and possibly also cab to cab if various laser disc players were used on one game over its production lifecycle.

Space Ace Enhanced should be picked up by the rom scanner automatically if you have sae.zip in /boot/romsArcade/daphne/roms/ (it also needs the space ace framefiles to actually work but the romscanner only looks for the zipfile). If your rom is anything other than sae.zip you will need to add it to the daphne launcher and /boot/launchers/aml/daphne.aml for it to be picked up and ran (or possibly rename the zip to sae.zip, not sure). It should appear in the menu as 'Space Ace - Enhanced'.