Sega CD/PSX bin/cue cluttering rom list

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

lobdale
Community Member
Community Member

Sega CD/PSX bin/cue cluttering rom list

Post by lobdale » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:06 pm

Me again...

I finally got PSX and Sega-CD games to work on 3.X.1 (Tekken and Ninjawarriors) by just dumping an entire load of files into the main Playstation and Sega CD directory. The problem is I'd like to have the games show up with "All Games" so they blend in with my arcade titles, but since there's one .cue file and like 23 .bins, I get 24 entries for a single game in the All Games list. I know once upon a time the rom scanner ignored any file with a space in it, but it seems to be displaying every single bin in there, and I can't store the games in folders, and other formats don't seem to work (tried .zip, .pbp, .chd).

So I guess my question is, is there any way for me to have these games with a cue and multiple bins not take up 24 entries in the All Games list so I can include them in my list of arcade titles?

Thanks!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Sega CD/PSX bin/cue cluttering rom list

Post by dee2eR » Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:00 am

You can remove entries you don't want in the list, when an entry you don't want is highlighted, (using a keyboard) press 'e' to edit that entry and scroll down to pick delete the game (will only delete the romlist entry and not the actual file you need to run the game). If you don't scan your roms at every startup this maybe a usable workaround, if you scan the roms at startup it's probably not practical.

I've started using CHDs for other CD based systems, not sure if they're supported by the MegaCD emulator but I'll check it out. It may be support for CHDs is easy to add to the scripts, but I haven't looked at MegaCD for ages.