how do i add lr-alpha emulator

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

AstroCab
Community Member
Community Member

how do i add lr-alpha emulator

Post by AstroCab » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Deezer,

I would like to add the latest core lr-fbalpha to the build to test with this new version as i have some issues with the lr-fba-next build which i did not have under retropie using the lr-alpha there

can you tell me how to do this?

thanks in advance!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: how do i add lr-alpha emulator

Post by dee2eR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Copy pasting my reply to mR_CaESaR donpachi thread as he asked the same thing:
"
I would advise against using the 0.2.97.42 core as they changed the control setup and arcade mode has been removed so the controls change around a lot. The next ARpiCADE release will have version 0.2.97.40. which seems alright to me so far.

It's not advisable to do a quick update of just a core, often Retroarch also needs to be updated to take advantage of a new feature or function with a new core. That said, you can compile cores or if you happen to have a core handy (like from one of your other Pi Linux builds) you can drop it in as a replacement for the existing, it may go fine, may cause issues, hard to say as it depends what has changed.
"

mR_CaESaR
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Post by mR_CaESaR » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Yeah, I'm definitely staying away from updating cores that's not natively supported by ARpiCADE.

It only becomes a logistical nightmare for dee2eR. And with dee2eR being such a nice guy, he'll try to help out as much as he can, but really doesn't have to since it's not what was released.

What are the main issues you're receiving? Is it rom compatibility?

AstroCab
Community Member
Community Member

Post by AstroCab » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Hi ceasar

I have solved the sound choppyness i had with fba-next; it was a setting in fba-libretro-224.cfg but i changed so many i will check again tomorrow on which one it was exactly causing the issue
I crossrefenced all settings with the retropie build and thats how i got to narrowing it down
Yes i also though of using the core of the new fbalpha build automagically on retropie on your build and it seems to work although i did only make a quick ‘n dirty test with one tom just to see if it would load and it did so nice suprise there
I do follow the logic you bith have to not add others until your build will include them for the obvious reason that issues caused by these would be defacto unsupported by you which i think is normal ;-)