Daphne

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

ace5
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Daphne

Post by ace5 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:28 am

Hi guys how do I get Daphne to work in arpicade I've dropped the Roms in the rom folder and main file in the Daphne and I'm getting a framefile error ..I've got this working in hyperpie 2 but at a loss in arpicade cheers.

bravebluerx
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Re: Daphne

Post by bravebluerx » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm

Be mindful of the folder naming and format type in arpicade and file contents as follows

daphne/framefile/lair
..inside the lair folder should have-->lair.txt in this text it references numbers in the left column with the file names
..inside the lair folder should have the audio .ogg files
..inside the lair folder should have-->every .m2v file referenced in lair.txt
..inside the lair folder should have--->every .dat file that goes along with the.m2v files (this was what created issue with me with framefile errors because I was missing one .dat file. In order to get the proper .dat files for each .m2v file you can generate them from a windows pc with the daphne emulator (check out the daphne-emu.com site) through the video parsing process-goes very quick but you will need to point daphne to a dvd image of dragons lair on your pc for it to do this as a verification check. Dapne doing the Video Parsing on arpicade wasn't something I could successfully complete..it would have taken days)

daphne/roms/
-->inside should have lair.zip (make sure its in zip format named as the same name as your framefile folder.

Took me a while with trial and error to get it all figured out too, hopefully this will help you.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am

by 'mainfile in the daphne' do you mean you put the framefiles in /home/pi/daphne? They should go in /boot/roms/daphne/framefile/*FolderWithExactlyTheSameNameAsTheRom*/

If that's where you put them, not sure what's wrong...

ace5
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by ace5 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks will give it another go .

FrizzleFried
Legendary Contributor
Legendary Contributor

Post by FrizzleFried » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:04 pm

When I try anything other than the DL, DL2, SA and SDQ, it will load in to where it says to push any button to parse the framefile (not the exact language but similar) and then it will kick back to the front end...

...where are you getting your already parsed framefiles?
Visit my arcade blog ... www.idahogaragecade.com (Updated: 10/28/21)

bravebluerx
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by bravebluerx » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 pm

I got the parsed files through running the daphne emu on my windows pc via the daphne-emu.com site and getting windows daphne emulator from there. You will need to point the daphne emu app to a dvd image of the game which they explain on the site which ones work prior to the emu downloading all the required files (.ogg,.m2v, .dat) to your computer which you can then copy over to your arpicade framefile folder.

I ran into the same issue as you with the parsing files question with the arpicade which goes nowhere and thus had to get them this method which is how I got it to work.