Added Vectrex ROMs, but cannot find the emulator

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

NoJive
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Added Vectrex ROMs, but cannot find the emulator

Post by NoJive » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:49 pm

So I am going further into the setup of my Neo Geo Goldie machine, and ran into a snag. I decided to explore the console emulators instead of just MAME, so I added the 2600 ROM set. I thought I’d have to do more setup, but surprisingly, it worked fine. It seems I have my game select button on the Neo Geo set to cycle through the emulators, so I just hit that, and it goes from MAME to the 2600 emulator. Last nite I added the full set of Vectrex ROMs, did a ROM scan, but I cannot cycle through to the Vectrex emulator. It’s like it doesn’t see it at all, and I am not sure where to go from here, unless the ROMs are in the wrong format. Is there anything else I can check?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Added Vectrex ROMs, but cannot find the emulator

Post by dee2eR » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:09 pm

All the Vectrex stuff I have is in .vec format and works/ shows up in menu. What format do you have?

Even if the list is empty it should be possible to navigate to it. Are you using ARpiCADE 3.83? If so player 1 button 2 should back out of the current game list to a list of the game lists which may or may not make it easier to find.

Did the Vectrex games get added to the all games list? If there's no sign of them anywhere they may have been skipped by the romscanner for some reason.

NoJive
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by NoJive » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:01 pm

I'll check the ROM format, my hunch is it isn't a .vec extension.

NoJive
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by NoJive » Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:58 am

Well, I am not sure what is going on here. Initially, the files were zipped. Thinking they needed to be .vec, I unzipped a couple, and still got nothing. I then tried to add some other console roms, like the Sega Master System & Colecovision, but they are not showing up either. Also, when I do the console rom scan, I'm getting an error of:

/home/pi/.attract/sortRomsConsoles.sh: line 85 [: too many arguments

This seems very weird, as I added the Atari 2600 roms without issue. I thought setting up Hyperspin was tough, Arpicade seems to have it out for me! :D

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 pm

Sounds like you have spaces in the filenames. Try replacing any spaces with underscores and they should show up.

NoJive
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by NoJive » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:38 pm

Ah, ok, that makes sense, and may be the issue.