Hardware Config Questions

Hardware requests and suggestions to improve your RaspberryJAMMA experience

Moderator: dee2eR

olivejew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by olivejew » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:23 pm

So I just got my ArRpiCADE and so far I'm really liking things. I have a very long list of questions that I've got but first I need go through all these threads to make sure my answers aren't already here. That being said....

1 - Can I set up this up to easily support 1 or more wireless gamepad's for people that might prefer that experience over the regular control panel?

2 - Currently my set up is 2 sticks, 3 buttons each. But I've noticed on a few threads about games that need to have more than 3 buttons for functions in game play. I'm thinking about the L and R button in SNES. Is there a standard hardware control config anyone would reccomend? This is my first cab and I'm doing the whole thing only as a contract for someone else so when I hand off I want the experience to be smooth as butter.

3 - I've got a CRT in the cab right now and I'm noticing that I am having to constantly open the back up and adjust on the remote board the V and H size and pos from the time the monitor powers up to all throughout the next hour. I know this has to do with the whole thing warming up and my client can deal with it for all I care, they were adamant about having a CRT. That being said is there a very affordable way to quickly and efficiently mount and LCD screen in my cab that won't break my bank or my back and if so would it require any additional hardware to interface with my Raspberry JAMMA?

Thanks in advance

-Benton

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Hardware Config Questions

Post by dee2eR » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:41 pm

1. not especially easily. It could be done but you would need to set it up in all emulators you were using it for. Also most Retroarch based emulators will not let you set multiple controllers for single inputs so you may need to make it switching.

2. while I would avoid basing your arcade control panel around the SNES configuration (shoulder buttons in particular do not necesarily translate well to arcade panels), it is pretty common for people to have a 6 action buttons per player (Street Fighter style) control panel. With the RaspberryJAMMA alone you have all the JAMMA inputs available as well, including the coin mech lines, service buttons etc. each player has enough inputs for 4 directions and 9 buttons.

3. I'd adjust the CRT while it is warm, then it may not be perfect while it's warming up but will be good to use. If long term you do swap to a LCD (or other high res monitor) the RaspberryJAMMA can do high res output directly without any extra hardware.
As for mounting modern monitors in arcade cabs, the back breaking part is removing the CRT (LCDs are much lighter). Most cabs it's pretty easy to rig up a single cross beam to mount the LCD to, sometimes it may be easier/make more sense to use/make a bracket(s) for the job.

olivejew
Community Member
Community Member

Post by olivejew » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:41 am

Hey thanks a lot of responding man. I've noticed throughout the boards you do a great job at consistently and articulately responding to people's questions. Also, you've got a wonderful package here, I'm really enjoying everything so far. Just now getting into understanding the intricacies of everything. Again this is my first time doing anything arcade really so it's been a learning process and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Cheers :)

MyCreditRNBs
Observer
Observer

Post by MyCreditRNBs » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:26 pm

I have soldered the header to the main board as per the instructions. My soldering is not great but it appears to be firmly attached.

I could test for continuity if its critical?
zaem.pp.ua - микрокредит срочно заем денег у частного лица

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:05 am

Spambot?

If not please clarify what you're on about as it doesn't seem related to the topic of this thread.