Mame 172 custom button configurations not saving.

Questions and tweaks for Attract-Mode on ARpiCADE.

Moderator: dee2eR

dertieone
Community Member
Community Member

Mame 172 custom button configurations not saving.

Post by dertieone » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:55 am

I'm using a kick harness.

I open up Street fighter alpha 3 using mame172. I have to co figure the kick buttons because the default settings don't work.

After reconfiguring the buttons, everything works perfectly.

I exit the game and play another game... All good... Custom configuration saved.

I turn off the machine, turn in back on, load up Street fighter alpha 3 and... MY BUTTON CONFIGURATION IS NOT SAVED.

I'm going crazy.

Please help.
:arrow: Don't ask me about first person shooters or 4k; ask me about side scrollers, platformers, 2d fighters, and schmups on a crt! 8-)

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Mame 172 custom button configurations not saving.

Post by dee2eR » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 am

Odd that you need to configure the buttons for CPS2 at all... are you on ARpiCADE 3.84?

If it's working until you power off the cab try rebooting from the service menu after making your changes. If the SD card hadn't finalised the changes to the files when you switched off the card it could cause the file to not get written. A rebooot after making changes will make sure they're written to the SD card.

EDIT: I just double checked. CPS2 in MAME 0.172 in ARpiCADE 3.84 should be set up right without further fiddling.

dertieone
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Mame 172 custom button configurations not saving.

Post by dertieone » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:24 am

Thanks for the quick reply. Right after I posted my issue, I went back to the cab, reconfigured the buttons, and rebooted the system instead of just turning it off.

Settings saved!

Thank you, detour!
:arrow: Don't ask me about first person shooters or 4k; ask me about side scrollers, platformers, 2d fighters, and schmups on a crt! 8-)

Charlessap
Observer
Observer

Mame 172 custom button configurations not saving

Post by Charlessap » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Locked. This is the wrong forum and you have already posted this in the correct place too. Please do not post the same thing across the site.