B.Rap Boys

General chit-chat about what's hot and not in the land of emulated video games.

Moderator: dee2eR

Stelio54
Community Member
Community Member

B.Rap Boys

Post by Stelio54 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:09 am

Hi all,

Was trying to play this rom and it boots up fine and plays, but the controls are off. Went into controls menu to assign joystick function and buttons but can’t get my player one button 2 to work, or any of my player two controls to respond in the menu. P2 controls work fine with other games. Anyone experience a similar issue or have any advice?

Thx much! Steve

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: B.Rap Boys

Post by dee2eR » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:22 am

What emulator are you using? As far as I'm aware it should work fine, but if you let me know what you're running it in I can check it out. Otherwise trying a different emulator may fix it up for you. MAME 0.78 or 0.106 or 0.172 are probably the best bet for that game on Pi.

Stelio54
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Stelio54 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:42 pm

The rom was/is in the mame-139 folder when I received it. I will try it in the others you suggested below.

Thank you! Steve

Stelio54
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Stelio54 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:30 am

I moved the file into each of those emulator folders, and no dice.

I wonder if I'm actually doing it right. Do I need to edit the rom list when I move the files, or does that list automatically get updated upon restart? I've done a good amount of research on the topic but am still not clear what is involved in adding/moving roms around. Steve

Edit: here is the error I get

Aninitarized Error
SSP: 2419
PC: 00000032

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:05 am

Never seen that error before, what caused it to come up?

If you're on the vanilla release of ARpiCADE the roms should scan at startup, it can be disabled though so if you've gotten some sort of pre-built set the scan is probably off. Assuming the scan is off you can manually scan the roms from the service menu (press cabside 'service' or 'f4' on keyboard from the game select menu to access the ARpiCADE service menu).

Depending on the game the same rom version may or may not work in multiple MAME versions. Some roms have been redumped or otherwise edited over the years and whatever MAME version will need the right version of the rom too. Some roms seem to work across lots of MAME versions, but that less common. There are some datfiles in the USER_GUIDE folder for use with rom management utilities (eg. Romcenter) that can help you check and sometimes fix roms for different MAME versions.

Kickman
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Kickman » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Tried this today same thing, runs in 139 only, everything works fine, but player 1 button 2 resets the game. So no jump function. Cant seem to get it to run otherwise. But Its 201 rom I lost all my old rom sets and its all Have

Stelio54
Community Member
Community Member

Post by Stelio54 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Yeah...I still do have the problem. It’s pretty annoying, but not the end of the world...