ARpiCADE - black screen/no audio

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

sandman2k16
Community Member
Community Member

ARpiCADE - black screen/no audio

Post by sandman2k16 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:29 am

Just received my unit with Raspberry Pi installed and preconfigured 64gb micro SD with game pack. Plugged it into the JAMMA harness of my Sega Blast City cab and got a blank screen and some buzzing. Removed, checked cables, card, etc. Same thing. I checked to see if files were loaded on the card and they were, though emulation isn’t my forte so I wouldn’t know if I was missing something I suppose.

I switched to my CPS3 pcb and it booted up fine with sound, so no issues there. A bit more detail however. Monitor is a manual switching Nanao MS9 set to 15khz. Red and green lights on the the Arpicade light up as soon as my cab is powered on and never blink. Seems to be getting power/connection but can’t figure out why my screen is still blank and there’s no audio save for some buzzing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: ARpiCADE - black screen/no audio

Post by dee2eR » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:30 am

If the green LED is not blinking the Pi is not booting. Probably an issue with the SD card. You could try removing and reinserting the SD card in case it's just not lined up right or something, but it sounds like you've effectively tried that already. Best to contact the point of sale I suspect.

If you want to investigate further yourself, you could download the regular release of ARpiCADE here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1062 and burn it to an SD card.