Trouble booting up

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

ylee2121
Community Member
Community Member

Trouble booting up

Post by ylee2121 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:59 pm

Thanks in advance for the help, total newbie here.

I have a cocktail cabinet set up, with some proprietary board connected to a VGA monitor and a JAMMA harness. I bought a raspberryjamma and a raspberry pi 4. I also included the sd card with the cocktail vertical games pre-loaded.

When I installed everything with the microsd that came with the raspberry jamma (from high score), it would not boot up.

I disconnected the pi from the jamma board and plugged it into my monitor, nothing, just a red light on the pi.

I got a new sd card, installed noob, and the pi booted right up and displayed on my monitor.

I found arpicade 3.84, got the image on the sd card, and the pi will not boot. I get the red light for power, a couple of green flashes, then nothing.

So is there something I'm obviously missing??

THANKS!!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Trouble booting up

Post by dee2eR » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:00 am

Pi4 is not yet supported by ARpiCADE (it should be sometime but no ETA currently). If you have a Pi2 or any version of the Pi3 I'd recommend using them for now. RPi3B+ is the one to go for until the Pi4 is supported. Waiting on fixes for the video drivers of Pi4, the new video core works a bit differently to the old one and currently it has a few issues...

ylee2121
Community Member
Community Member

Re: Trouble booting up

Post by ylee2121 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks for the follow up! I don't have another pi right now so I'll wait.