Kick harness for 8 button cocktail cabinet?

Thinking about getting a RaspberryJAMMA, or have just purchased one and have a newbie question? Walls here are padded, come on in and bounce your question off of them!

Moderator: dee2eR

JohnnyWisco
Community Member
Community Member

Kick harness for 8 button cocktail cabinet?

Post by JohnnyWisco » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:47 pm

So I'm looking to covert a Game Elf 412 in 1, two player cocktail cabinet to Arpicade. Each player's side has 8 buttons and a joystick. All nine wires for each side are wired into the JAMMA harness. Do I still need to order a kick harness and re-wire the buttons or will all of the buttons work directly through the JAMMA harness? Thanks in advance!

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Kick harness for 8 button cocktail cabinet?

Post by dee2eR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:12 am

Depending on how it's wired it's probably just a plug it in and it will work.

8 buttons per player is a large amount of buttons (especially on a cocktail cab) is that 6 action buttons and start and credit? Or is it 8 action button and start and credit? 6 action buttons plus start and credit are supported, 8 actions buttons and start and credit would take a bit more thought.

JohnnyWisco
Community Member
Community Member

Post by JohnnyWisco » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:08 am

Thanks for the response! Player one has 8 button plus the start and credit buttons (10 total). Player two has 8 buttons. Here's a picture of the player 2 side:

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:13 pm

interesting design, are they all wired independently or it the same 4 buttons repeated on either side of the joystick? It looks like it may just be set up for right or left handed play.

JohnnyWisco
Community Member
Community Member

Post by JohnnyWisco » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:10 am

Yep, interesting for sure. It’s a hand built cabinet bought from a pawn shop. The wires are all wired independently to the JAMMA harness. I’ve ordered everything I think I need to convert it to ARpiCade, minus the kick harness. At the very least it’ll be up and functional for most cocktail cabinet games anyways. Anything that needs more than 3 buttons will be a bonus. I’ll keep you posted on how it goes and how the buttons register. Thanks for the help!