Donkey Kong Remix roms

Questions about arcade game emulation support on the ARpiCADE (MAME, DAPHNE, Picodrive, etc...)

Moderator: dee2eR

Cjoli
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Donkey Kong Remix roms

Post by Cjoli » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:13 pm

I have a question if anyone knows, I was thinking of putting a couple of the DK holiday remix roms on one of my cabs for the holidays. I have not tried yet but was wondering if anyone has tried and has them working? Just to clarify I am talking about the Halloween and Christmas versions.

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Donkey Kong Remix roms

Post by dee2eR » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:50 am

I've had a little fiddle with them, more in this thread: https://arpicade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1194

Cjoli
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Cjoli » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:30 am

Thanks dee2eR, I should have looked more, I think I remember seeing that post when it was originally posted but forgot. Yea I know he named the roms the same as DKII so MAME would recognize it, I will try I will try putting them in a different version of MAME and see if i can get them to run so it does not conflict with DKII. I download them last year but you can get the Spooky and Christmas roms at http://donkeykongforum.com/, you will need to sign up.

Cjoli
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Cjoli » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:29 pm

Had some time to finally try this today, I put both version the Christmas rom and the Halloween one and everything works fine other then the issue of having 3 DKIIs in the menu, is it possible to rename the zip files to a custom name and then edit something elsewhere so I can have them list correctly? Its not that big of a deal if its not possible but just wondering?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:07 pm

The names of the files has to be as is, renaming the roms for MAME will stop them working.

You can change the gamelist though, either directly editing it with a text editor or if you plug in a USB keyboard before booting you can press 'e' to edit the highlighted game in the menu. Any direct editing of the gamelist like this will need to be redone if/when the roms are rescanned.