Low voltage lightning bolt with solution

Questions about the RaspberryJAMMA adapter.

Moderator: dee2eR

Elvis151
Community Member
Community Member

Low voltage lightning bolt with solution

Post by Elvis151 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:01 pm

I just received my arpicade Jamma yesterday from Highscoresaves. I purchased the SD card with image and plugged it into my Blasteroids horizontal and It booted and I started playing games. It is awesome and no configuration was required. Thank you Arpicade and Highscoresaves for making such a great product!

Next, I plugged it into my Galaga vertical cabinet and the yellow lightning bolt showed up. First I headed to this forum and looked up the lightning bolt to see what was going on. I found that it was the raspberry pi low voltage warning. Without the jamma plugged in, I checked voltage at the power supply and jamma harness and I had 5.01V. From this forum, I found that the pi likes 5.1-5.2 volts. I tuned up the power supply to 5.2 volts but still had the issue. I then hooked up my benchtop power supply to see if that would correct the issue. Still the lightning bolt, but then I could see that the PI was drawing .75amps. With that information, it led me to check the voltage at the Arpicade with the system on. I only had 4.85v. At .75 amps, my JAMMA harness was causing a voltage drop from the power supply to the Arpicade. I had to turn up my power supply to 5.5volts in order to get 5.1volts at the Arpicade JAMMA connection.