Dedicated pause button

Installing ARpiCADE for the first time? Having issues? Check here first for solutions and tips on installing.

Moderator: dee2eR

frostyfreeze
Community Member
Community Member

Dedicated pause button

Post by frostyfreeze » Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 pm

How can I map a dedicated pause button in v.3.7 (yes I know its very old)? My cab already has a couple "extra" buttons wired to jamma but how do I make one act as a pause button?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Re: Dedicated pause button

Post by dee2eR » Sat May 16, 2020 12:19 am

Assuming your 'extra' button is already picked up by the Pi you will just need to set it in the emulators as pause. In MAME variations it can usually be done in the 'tab' menu.

frostyfreeze
Community Member
Community Member

Post by frostyfreeze » Mon May 18, 2020 6:02 pm

I was hoping there would be a way to make one button pause all games & emulators, similar to how the "Hold 1P Start for a couple of seconds + P1 Joy Down" function works. Is that not possible?

dee2eR
Inventor
Inventor

Post by dee2eR » Tue May 19, 2020 5:24 am

Not really a simple way to do it, that is the hotkeys system sending a 'p' keystroke.

If your pause button is one of player 1s inputs you may be able to modify hotkeys.ini to make it work how you want - just send a 'p' when that button is pressed.

You could make an RPi dtbo overlay to make whatever GPIO pin is attached to the JAMMA button send a 'p'. But that is probably not a time saving way of doing it.